Site news

Course Syllabi and Schedules

Course Syllabi and Schedules

by Thomas Pyzdek -
Number of replies: 6

Self-study can be a challenge. To help we have created a workbook with the syllabi of each of the Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belt courses. The workbook shows the topics in each course, the estimated hours to complete each topic, the cumulative time and the topic that should be studied each week of your enrollment based on the time you commit to your training. Schedules are shown based on 4, 8, 12 and 16 hours of commitment per week.

Click here to download the workbook.

In reply to Thomas Pyzdek

Re: Course Syllabi and Schedules

by David Capps -

Thank You! I expect this to help keep me on track. I have taken the amount of time I can commit vs the amount of time I have left and added milestone dates to make sure I am aware of where I am and for a little visual help added an RYG Status column as well.

In reply to David Capps

by Thomas Pyzdek -

This should be improved in the near future. We will create a set of spreadsheet where you can enter a start date and get a list of which topics you should be starting for each week of your course plan. Stay tuned!

by Thomas Pyzdek -

The workbook has been updated to include calendar dates based on your chosen level of commitment. Here's a video explaining the use of the workbooks:

Click to watch video.

by Thomas Pyzdek -

This video has been updated to show you how to use the workbook to create upcoming events for yourself in Moodle. When you do this you will be notified of milestones coming up in the next week in a block that appears on your Moodle course page. This is a great way to keep yourself on track with your personal training agenda.

by Amanda Smelker -

I am not sure why, but when it downloads, its opening up a zip file and I do not see the workbook?

In reply to Amanda Smelker

by Thomas Pyzdek -

I'm not sure either, but here is the direct link which you can copy and paste into your browser's address bar. As you see, it's not a zip file.

http://6s-training.s3.amazonaws.com/syllabi.xlsx