Site news

Allison Harn has received her Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Silver Certificate.

Allison Harn has received her Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Silver Certificate.

by Juan Rivera -
Number of replies: 3

Congratulations!

In reply to Juan Rivera

Six Sigma DMAIC Project

by YAVUZ ACAR -

Hello all,

I have completed my LSSBB Course and got my silver certificate. And to be able to apply for the gold one I need to submit a project. Since, I am working in construction field(electrical engineer), it is hard for me to find a company  where I can take a part in a DMAIC project. I checked the literature and found out some six sigma construction projects(dissertations and some top-ranked companies application in real life), however they are either not as extensive as I was expecting or very specific which I don't have much experience and knowledge.

Though I know that I still can benefit from those sources, I want to get involved in a real time project where I can immediately apply things I have learned throughout this course. Hence, I request your suggestions and/or guidance related to whether you know any companies in construction who is looking for a black belt. I can work in any companies where the main communication language is English(without any geographical limitation) and I am willing to contribute without expecting any salaries(though provided accommodation would be great) in exchange of the given chance.

Best regards,

Yavuz Acar

yavuz-acar@outlook.com

In reply to YAVUZ ACAR

Re: Six Sigma DMAIC Project

by Thomas Pyzdek -

You say "not as extensive as I was expecting". Remember, this is a project that you will use for certification. It does not need be extensive. We (The Pyzdek Institute) are solving for evidence that you can apply the LSS approach. We don't need an extensive project to do this. In fact, smaller is better.

Here's a list of project ideas recently submitted to give you an idea of the kind of ideas amenable to becoming an LSS project:

• Streamlined expense reimbursement
    • Lead time reduction to reduce waiting, scrap and rework
    • Replacement order reduction
    • Missing Forms from Providers of Substance Treatment Programs
    • Reduce Product Scrap
    • Loaner Kit Improvement Plan
    • New Product Launch Improvement Project
    • WC Tartar Sauce
    • Improving Account Reconciliation Process Project
    • Master Allergens Mapping
    • New Product Launch Improvement Project
    • On-demand customers
    • Eliminating Missing Inventory
    • On time delivery of displays
In reply to Thomas Pyzdek

Re: Six Sigma DMAIC Project

by YAVUZ ACAR -

Hello Mr. Pyzdek,

First of all, thank you for your valuable ideas. Indeed being 'extensive' is not that important at this stage(and yes for certification you are very right that it is better if it is not extensive), once I start I will be able to play with it and according allocated time and money resources I will be able to decide how extensive it shall be. But first of all, I need a real project to get involved and I will appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Yavuz Acar